Greek Short Films Competition section
- The Greek Short Films Competition section permits the participation of any short film by a Greek and/or Cypriot director/producer that has completed production from September until the summer of each edition of the Festival. Max duration 40min.
- Screening exclusivity or Greek premiere of the film are not required for participation in the Competition section.
- In case the film is selected for the Competition section, there must be the ability to submit it in DCP.
- Directors and producers from Greece and Cyprus who wish to participate must submit their film exclusively through the web platform affiliated to the Festival.
- The films that will be selected by the programming team will be screened during the Festival, while a special jury will attribute the awards: Best Film (Golden and Silver Athena), Direction, Screenplay, Male and Female Performance.
- The submission deadline for the Greek Short Films Competition section for the 29th Athens International Film Festival is the 16th of July 2023. Only the films that are submitted through the FilmFreeway platform will be accepted.