The Athens International Film Festival is here once again for its 29th edition, aiming to offer unique cinema experiences and outlets for the city residents and visitors and promote new voices of international cinema, through some of the best and most anticipated films of the year, accompanied with special guests.
The 29th edition of the festival will take place in its usual venues, open all year round, ASTOR, ASTY, DANAOS 1 & 2, MUNICIPAL THEATER OF PIRAEUS, IDEAL, MEGARON THE ATHENS CONCERT HALL AND PALLAS.
You may purchase your tickets on www.more.com, at physical points of sale and by phone reservation on 2117700000 , Monday to Friday 10:00 - 18:00.
We encourage you to purchase your tickets prior to arriving at the cinema. Ideally, you should have them in electronic form on your phone or have them pre-printed to facilitate the safe and unobstructed flow of the public to the theater.
Film passes pre-sale starts online on www.more.com on Wednesday 13th September.
Online purchase on more.com:
The Press Office/ Support & Public Service Office of the Festival will be operating at the Metropolitan College, Akadimias Street, 10672, Athens.
Telephone for the public tel. 2103641543
Operating office hours (support and telephone center):
21st September to 9th October
Monday to Friday: 11:00 to 18:00
Saturday: 11:00 to 15:00
Tickets may be purchased for all the Festival venues at the Press Office, but only via credit card (not cash).
Film Pass or journalist accreditation zero value tickets can be redeemed and tickets can be purchased for all Festival venues, only by card (not cash) at the Press Office/ Support & Public Service Office of the Festival from Friday 22nd September.
TICKET ISSUE FROM COLLABORATING VENUES
- The box office of each theater issues tickets only for the screenings taking place in the particular theater.
-Theater box offices open 60 minutes before the beginning of the first screening and 30 minutes after the start of the last screening through the duration of the Festival (September 28th to October 9th)
- Film passes and ticket changes/cancellations are NOT allowed.
- The online ticket sale ends 15 minutes before the start of each film. In the last 15 minutes before the start of the film, tickets are only available at the cinema where the screening takes place.
- Film Pass holders need to issue zero value tickets using their unique card code. Showing the card does NOT guarantee admission to theaters.
- Film Pass holders may use their card to issue zero value tickets only for screenings with a ticket price of 5 or 7 euros.
- Accreditation Card holders need to issue zero value tickets using the unique card code. Showing the card does NOT guarantee admission to theaters.
- Accreditation Card holders may use their card and issue zero value tickets only for screenings with a ticket price of 5 or 7 euros and only for the same or previous day of the screening they wish to attend.
- For Accreditation Card holder the redeeming of the tickets only for the films of International Competition starts online on Friday 22nd September. They can issue for any day and screening of the International Competition they wish.
1. Film Passes
a. Types of film passes
5, 10 and 20 Film passes can be purchased at 30 €, 50 € and 75 € respectively subject to availability:
5 screenings: 30 €
10 screenings: 50 €
20 screenings: 75 €
20 screenings Film Pass holders are granted a single invitation to the Festival which will take place on Wednesday 27h September at Pallas Theater. The card holders will receiver their single invitations at the email address provided when purchasing their card.
Film pass holders need to issue zero value tickets using their card’s unique code. Showing the card does NOT guarantee entry at any screening.
Film pass holders may use their card to issue zero value tickets for the screenings with ticket price 5 or 7 euros, except for the closing ceremony at the Megaron Athens Concert Hall.
Tickets for the Closing Ceremony at the Megaron Athens Concert Hall are available from Friday 22 September at 12:00 only at megaron.gr and at the ticket offices of the Megaron Athens Concert Hall (Vas. Sofias & Kokkali, Monday - Friday 10:00 - 18:00, except public holidays)
Wednesday 13th September 2023 at 12:00
A newsletter will be sent by www.more.com announcing the start of the presale
Pre-sale of Film passes starts on 13th Σεπτεμβρίου at 12:00:
- online, on www.more.com
- physical points (card or cash) and
- from Thursday 21sth September at the Press Office/ Support & Public Service
Office of the Festival
Film pass holders (5, 10 or 20 screenings) have the right to redeem their passes in zero value tickets from Thursday 21st September at 12.00 and for any screening with ticket price 5€ or 7€ they wish irrespective of time and day.
Film passes holders may redeem as many tickets they wish (and are available) for the same screening.
Reservation of Film passes for purchasing with cash at a physical point of sale can be made for two hours.
2. Individual tickets
General admission: 7 Euros
Special pricing: 5 Euros (certain films)
Online ticket purchase
Viewers may buy their tickets through credit/debit card from Friday 22nd September at 12:00:
- on www.more.com and www.aiff.gr
- on the application (app) more.com, choosing the event AIFF and the films they wish
- at the physical points of sale (card or cash) and
- at the Press Office/ Support & Public Service Office of the Festival, at the Metropolitan College (only card-not cash)
ATTENTION: Accreditation (professional or journalist) holders need to issue zero value tickets for all screenings. Showing the card does NOT guarantee admission to any screening of the Festival!
a. Professional/Journalist Accreditations
A pass with a unique code corresponding to 5 Festival screenings (any one they wish with ticket price 5 or 7 euros) after issuing a zero value ticket (not free entry).
Using the unique code, the accreditation pass holders can issue tickets for the screenings of their choice both online on more.com or aiff.gr and at all physical sale locations (see Point 1) and at the Press Office/ Support & Public Service Office of the Festival.
Accreditation pass holders may not issue more than one ticket for the same screening.
b. Accreditations for International Competition (Competition section Journalist Accreditations)
Accreditation pass with a unique holder code. Using their unique code the holderss may issue tickets only for the competition section screening online on more.com or aiff.gr, at all physical sales points (see point 1) and at the Press Office/ Support & Public Service Office of the Festival.
Accreditation pass holders are not allowed to issue more than one ticket for the same screening.
c. Director Accreditations (Short films)
A pass with a unique code that corresponds to 5 Festival screenings (after issuing a zero value ticket, not free entry). Using the unique code, the accredited film pass.
holders may issue tickets for the screenings of their choice online on more.com or aiff.gr, at all physical sales points (see point 1)
4. Film passes for people with disabilities
People with disabilities can attend any of the Festival’s screenings for free with the use of a 5-screening Film Pass (subject to availability).
Those interested can send, starting on Thursday 14th September, an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with their contact details (full name, mobile phone, e-mail) for the free issue of the 5-screening Film Pass, attaching necessarily one of the following:
- disability culture card (Greek Ministry of Culture)
- disability travel pass (Athens Mass Transit System)
- disability unemployment card (Manpower Employment Organization)
- deaf/hard-of-hearing union card or any other relevant documentation
The Film Pass for disabled people is strictly personal and the holders may redeem their pass code in one zero value ticket per screening for any 5 screenings (except for the Opening Film), throughout the Festival, depending on ticket availability.
Entry to screenings will be granted with the presentation of the Film Pass and a zero value ticket and the Film Pass.
In case of need of an accompanying person, a simultaneous application for 2 Film Passes must be made and the need must be specified. The Film Pass code will be sent from email@example.com via email to the email addressed specified by the applicants.
5. Film passes for the unemployed
Those interested can send an e-mail from Thursday September 14th to firstname.lastname@example.org with contact details (name, mobile phone, email address) to have a 3-screening film pass issued. A copy of an up-to-date Unemployment Card must be attached to the email.
Unemployment card holders are entitled to 1 pass with 3 unique codes which correspond to 3 free tickets. Each code can be used for issuing a same-day or next-day screening ticket as in the case with accreditations.
For any information regarding your ticket or your film pass you may use the customer service live chat of www.more.com or send an e-mail to email@example.com and the Press Office/ Support and Public Office of the Festival during working hours (see above).